Sunday, July 11, 2010

Oh where, oh where have you been you ranting blogger?

The last time I posted was June 2nd. That was basically the start of my summer! School was ending, at for me that meant the up and coming end of my career in high school and ready to move along to college. (Ready? Really? Who am I kidding?)

The end of school wasn't anything special for me. A lot of my friends and fellow classmates were totally broken up about leaving the school we've been present in for six years, as we do not have a seperate middle school.

At class day, the celebration of our class.. I didn't cry as I was hugging the people I've come to know all of my life as we all clamored up on the stage to the sound of our class song. I didn't cry, even if people were slobbering all over my brand new dress.

At graduation practice... I read a book and learned how to "shake with my right hand, take with my left, smile for the cameras, and walk straight down the aslie before turning to my seat.

Before graduation... I whined as my mother took my picture in my cap and gown and complained about how hot it was.

And finally, at that moment.. sitting with my class as speech after speech happened, and we were called to receive our diplomas after successfully fufilling our graduation requirements that I walked across the stage shook, took, smiled and walked straight out to my chair that I realized...

I was relieved.

I was relieved to be walking away from that stadium, to be walking away from that school, never actually required to go there ever again. And as we threw our caps in the air in a moment of poor joy; it seemed that everyone else on the field was relieved too.

Then that split second ended, and girls began hugging each other in tears, Parents flooded the field looking for their "babies" as pandemonium ensued as everything became claustrophobic.

I stayed in one place, waiting for my family as MY friends came rushing to me. My friends. Underclassmen from the band, past alumni from the band, and maybe about 5 other graduates.

I didn't cry, and it was shocking to me how many people were.

Enough of that!! It's July, so where was I for the rest of the summer?! Well, for the rest of June i've been galavanting all across the Wyoming Valley with a few close friends, and especially my all-too-wonderful boyfriend Thaddeus. The writer of www.thadsemporium.com

Besides spending the summer laying by the pool with any book I please, i've been spending my time attending car cruises with my boyfriend and his family in one of their many antique cars, having smoothies and chai tea in Barnes and Noble, making way too many trips to the movies to see the new summer blockbusters the day they come out, and having little road trips all over the Keystone State.

While i've been living up here in the summer months, i've also been working, preparing for going to school again in the fall, and rebuilding the haunted house I work at. (read one of the other haunted house members blog at http://hauntedhousewriter.blogspot.com/)

Oh, and I also got this really rad new laptop that i'm currently blogging from.

More to come, internet. Stay tuned and enjoy what's left of the summer!