Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Death Wishes and Yoga!

So, I was going to post an uber long blog about how Jason Jones (the tech guy at my high school) was asking for a death wish by blocking personal email access on school computers...

But, he decided to let it go until last year. :)
Now I have nothing to talk about.

Other than how completely AWESOME Yoga is!

Yes, it's true. I am now obsessed with yoga. (And eating organic food. Do it. It's fantastic.) I started off with this obsession when my mother purchased Wii Fit Plus for me, and I actually got motivated to do it. Shocker.

Loosely defined, Yoga is the practicing of physical and mental health through breathing, meditation and practicing postures.

Defined by me, yoga is painful and amazing.

Yoga on the Wii Fit is simplified. You may choose to learn the poses they have offered, and your trainer will show you how. They also show you how to breathe. Which is in and out slowly through your nose. Deeply.

After using the Wii Fit yoga sessions for a week, I decided to check out some videos on the subject to see if I was doing it properly. I noticed just how elementary Wii Fit Yoga is, but it still accomplishes the same thing. (If done properly) Also, it shows you your center of balance, which I find very beneficial.

After two weeks of this, I find myself more relaxed and well with the world. And the poses are easier. When I first began, I was straining myself and holding my breath... which is a big no-no. Now, doing the Sun Salutation before and after school makes me feel sooooo good.

If you want to get into Yoga, and have a Wii, I strongly recommend buying Wii Fit Plus Balance Board Bundle and trying it out. I also recommend taking a class (does anyone want to take a class with me?!) or watching videos on Youtube.

For those of you who already do yoga: let me know what your favorite poses are!!!

You'll love me in the end, promise.

-Amy!

Currently listening to: Calle Ocho (I Know You Want Me) - Pitbull